The Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research (MHESR) is responsible for and supervise the Tunisian Universities and National programmes on Scientific Research. Building on the success of university partnerships facilitated by grants from the US Embassy in Tunis, the US plans to establish eight additional linkages with Tunisian higher education institutions.
Tunisian universities are diverse and at the regional level, five Tunisian universities rank among Africa’s top universities: Sfax (25), Tunis-El Manar (35), Monastir (44), Carthage (58) and Tunis (61).
The Virtual University of Tunis
The Virtual University of Tunis (UVT), a public institution created in January 2002. By definition a multi-disciplines university, UVT’s mission is to provide its students with training for a profession adapted to the needs of the scientific, socio-economic environment as well as to the national and international needs.
The Tunis El Manar University
- Faculty of Law and Political Sciences
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Economic Sciences and Management
- Sciences’ Faculty
- National Engineering School
- Bourguiba Institute of Modern Languages
- Preparatory Institute For Engineering Studies
University of Sousse
Université de Sfax
- Address the needs, executives and studies, of economic and social environment.
- Develop human resources : teachers, researchers, technical staff.
- Animate academic life by cultural and sports activities.
- Provide a wide opening at the international level.